Screen recording using PowerPoint. You can record your computer screen using this tool inside the application. This can be helpful for tutorials and much more.
Applies To: PowerPoint 2013 & 2016
How to start recording.
1. Inside a PowerPoint Presentation>Click Insert Tab.
2. Click Screen Recording.
3. A toolbar will appear on the top middle of your computer screen. Click Select Area. This will allow you to record the selected area, everything inside the box.
Note: You can adjust the are to record multiple times by just clicking Select Area button again.
4. Click Record button to start recording.
5. A 3-second countdown window will appear. You can press the Stop button or press Windows logo key + Shift + Q on your keyboard to immediate stop recording.
Note: In case you didn’t have enough time to stop recording, you can delete the media file when It’s saved on PowerPoint presentation.
How do I save my recorded screen as a separate media file?
Note: When you have finished, or have an existing media file inside any PowerPoint presentation, you can follow these steps.
1. Right Click on a media file>Click Save Media as…
2. Select Location>Rename File if necessary> Click Save.