They do look irresistible, but no, not those cookies. We’re talking about your cached browser data which is kept to expedite your next visit to a site. This is great, however there is always a limit to the information stored in your browser. Performance improves when you delete browser cache, cookies, and history. Try it out, you will be surprised how much it will help!
Note: Applicable for Windows and MAC and depending which browser you are using.
How to clear cache on Internet Explorer.
Example: Based on IE 11.
1. On IE, Click Tools>Internet Options.
2. Under Browsing history section> Click Delete.
3. Under Browsing History>Click Delete.
Known Issue: I’ve changed my password today from one of my saved website, my saved password will not work anymore. What can do?
Solution: Using ‘remember password’ method helps, but when you change your password you’ll run into an issue like this. Be sure to click Passwords checkbox> then Click Delete>Restart Internet Explorer session(s).
Caution: This will delete any saved auto-fill password for other websites in your browser. Always remember your passwords or keep them in tight for security reasons.
Known Issue: I’m unable to load a page from a website when I click a button. The page stays there, I’ve restarted my browser but it didn’t help. What can I do?
Solution: Be sure to click Forms Data checkbox> then Click Delete>Restart Internet Explorer session(s).
How to clear cache & cookies on Google Chrome.
1. Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button.
2. More Tools>Clear Browser Data>.
How to clear cache & cookies on Firefox.
1. Click the Menu button.
2. Click History.
3. Click Clear Recent History…>Clear Browser Data>.
4. Check out Details Area when expanded. In this example Time range to clear set Everything > click Clear Now.
How clear cache & cookies on Safari Browser (Mac).
1. Under Safari > Preferences >.
2. Select Privacy Tab > Click Remove All Website Data…
3. Click Remove Now.
Important: Why do we need to clear browser cookies & cached information?
- Improve Browsing Performance, noticed when browser starts to slow down when loading websites.
- Troubleshoot issues, i.e. Loading forms, replace auto-fill cached password not working.
- Security/Privacy, Information left on local/public machine, need to clear.